Sunday 4 October 2020

Eguana 'Destiny, Vol. 2' Review

 


Artist:

Eguna


Title:

Destiny Vol 2


Label:

Cosmicleaf


Released:

28th September 2020



Over the years I’ve encountered people with all kinds of tastes in music and growing up I had friends who although were into sci-fi, held the view electronic music wasn’t real music. I never got my head around this as the atmosphere synths provided for these soundtracks could provide atmospheres of weightlessness in space as well as dramatic suspense. This Russian producer excels at those atmospheres in his space themed compositions so I had high expectations with the second chapter of Destiny.


When the mood grabs you to listen to some space ambient this collection will certainly do the trick. It’s the kind of album you really want to listen to from start to finish and not necessarily one that’s easy to pick a favourite. If I was pushed I would probably plump for ‘Negative Charge’ which features some appealing synth sounds that flow lovingly over the sequenced sounds beneath. However, nothing on the album disappointed me and each track has it’s own appeal.



Reviewed by Woodzee



https://cosmicleaf.bandcamp.com/album/destiny-vol-2

No comments: